Plane Rental Texas Gulf

crazyhorse

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
crazyhorse
My friend and I(also a JAA and FAA PPL holder) intend to visit the Texas gulf in April 07 for 3 weeks.We intend to fly about 30 hours as we have done on previous occasions in Florida.We will do what we always do on trips to the usa i.e.rent a house and car in the area we use as a base.
My problem is that along the COMPLETE texas gulf I can only find ONE fbo which rents aircraft and they wanted "hull insurance" which is unacceptable.Does anyone know of an fbo on TX gulf from Mexico border to Louisiana who rents?A PA28 is preferable but I'll accept a C172 or 152.
Thank you in anticipation,
Jack.

crazyhorse said:
My friend and I(also a JAA and FAA PPL holder) intend to visit the Texas gulf in April 07 for 3 weeks.We intend to fly about 30 hours as we have done on previous occasions in Florida.We will do what we always do on trips to the usa i.e.rent a house and car in the area we use as a base.
My problem is that along the COMPLETE texas gulf I can only find ONE fbo which rents aircraft and they wanted "hull insurance" which is unacceptable.Does anyone know of an fbo on TX gulf from Mexico border to Louisiana who rents?A PA28 is preferable but I'll accept a C172 or 152.
Thank you in anticipation,
Jack.

Try Houston (Stinson Municipal, for example). Just a little north of Galveston. Not ON the gulf, but close enough to not matter.

Troy Whistman said:
Try Houston (Stinson Municipal, for example). Just a little north of Galveston. Not ON the gulf, but close enough to not matter.

Stinson is in San Antonio, and yes, there should be plane rental there. It is 2+ hours by car from the Gulf Coast, an hour in the plane.

It's worth a try in Houston, too - Sugarland and Hooks both have flight-school operations.

The coast itself is problematic because there is not a heavy full-time population, hence, limited opportunities for flight-schools and rentals.

wsuffa said:
Stinson is in San Antonio, and yes, there should be plane rental there. It is 2+ hours by car from the Gulf Coast, an hour in the plane.

But of course it is... I was just testing you, Bill! ;-)

I need another beer.

Troy Whistman said:
I need another beer.

DId I ever tell the story of being in the DC area doing some job networking, and ending up at a Fairfield Inn near Dulles one night. As I came down to the lobby to try and make the wireless internet work, there were two folks (with a very large bottle of wine) talking about Loran and GPS. I butted in, turned out these two were pilots for a corporate operation out of Dallas. One of them had spent some time with a Mooney training group - and had worked with the CFI I use. Thanks to them, I had a couple of glasses of wine.

Small world....

wsuffa said:
DId I ever tell the story of being in the DC area doing some job networking, and ending up at a Fairfield Inn near Dulles one night. As I came down to the lobby to try and make the wireless internet work, there were two folks (with a very large bottle of wine) talking about Loran and GPS. I butted in, turned out these two were pilots for a corporate operation out of Dallas. One of them had spent some time with a Mooney training group - and had worked with the CFI I use. Thanks to them, I had a couple of glasses of wine.

Small world....

Being an airplane-driver burns through a lot of haze in a hurry.

Maybe political leadership should be limited to (active) pilots...

...had to add "active" for fairly obvious reasons.

Back