plane rental in LA area ?

pawelmu127

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
pawelmu127
Hello,

I’m planning cross-country trip in southern CA this Sep/Oct and would appreciate any tips on where to rent a decent and affordable C172 for a week in the LA area.

Since I'm planning a week of flying I would appreciate tips on rentals without a daily minimum fly time.

Any tips on places to visit in this beautiful state would also be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks

Contact Fly Corona ( http://www.flycorona.com/aircraft.asp )

I can vouch personally for the people there, and Mike Brannigan of Fly Corona is a feisty and valued contributor to Pilots of America.

Good airplanes, great rates.

Spike says, "Check it out!"

Contact Fly Corona ( http://www.flycorona.com/aircraft.asp )

I can vouch personally for the people there, and Mike Brannigan of Fly Corona is a feisty and valued contributor to Pilots of America.

Good airplanes, great rates.

Spike says, "Check it out!"

Thanks Spike. :) Feisty?

Pawel, feel free to ring us at 951-272-3942 or fly@flycorona.com anytime if we can be of service -- and for places to visit, ask for Carlos, he's been just about everywhere nearby and will have many ideas.

Cheers,

- Mike

Many thanks for the recommendation, I will surely check it out.

Please keep it comming, otherwise guys from FlyCorona will believe they have no competition in CA :wink2:

Pawel

Many thanks for the recommendation, I will surely check it out.

Please keep it comming, otherwise guys from FlyCorona will believe they have no competition in CA :wink2:

Pawel

:D Fair point!

We have heard excellent recommendations for long extended trips from:

Plus One flyers in San Diego (they are a flying club, but the math works out quite nicely for a short membership -- also a great plane selection)

Channel Islands Aviation, KCMA

Nearer Los Angeles, where we are, I am glad to refer folks to AFI at Fullerton, or OCFC at John Wayne, but you will find their policies very restrictive for the type of flight you are contemplating. It's getting tougher to rent planes for leisure cruises.

You may feel free to PM me for an opinion about any I have not mentioned -- this list is short for a reason -- We have probably lost 2/3 of our direct competitors in the last 2 years.

Despite being partial, I try to give unbiased recommendations, and so does our office staff. Feel free to lean on us for advice, special arrangements, or help with housing/FAA license conversion (if needed)/other issues -- even if you ultimately rent elsewhere. We're happy to help.

Cheers,

- Mike

Back