Plane rental Corpus Christi area

crazyhorse

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
crazyhorse
Hello,
I am having problems finding a rental outfit within a 100 mile radius of Corpus Christi,TX.I will want to rent 1st 3 weeks April 07,preferably pa 28 and hull insurance not mandatory.I could guarantee flying 20 hours minimum.If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be appreciative,
Jack.

I am thinking you may have trouble getting anyone to agree to three weeks with only 20 hours, especially in April, when south Texas flying wx is awfully nice.

It is hard to believe no one in the immediate area of Corpus Christi is renting, I presume that you have contacted teh Corpus Christi School of Aviation[SIZE=-1] +1-361-289-0801;

Your next best choice would likely be at San Antonio, Stinson Field (KSSF), where Check Six Aviation has a nice array of planes- 172s, an Arrow, a couple of Diamond DA20s (which I dearly love). KSSF is only 107nm from Corpus, an easy drive. See: http://www.checksixaviation.com

You might get in touch early (guess that's what you are trying to do, isn't it?), check up on what deals they might make for you.

Other thing is, since you are in Corpus Christi, and Southwest Airlines gets you all over from KCRP in a short morning, you should check out opportunities in the Dallas area (try KADS, Classic Aviation or [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Monarch), KRBD (Monarch). You could also hit the Houston area, which is thick with airports and flight schools.

Just a thought.
[/SIZE]

I don't know of anybody in Corpus, either. You might look at Rockport and see if there are any rentals there.

I think you're going to have a bit of a tough time given how close to the border you'll be.

Back