Plane Rental - Cabo

aim54pheonix

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Trevor
Hey all. The family is travelling to Cabo in April. Just curious if anyone knows if there is any place down there to rent a C-172 to just do some site-seeing. If so, what would be the requirements for flying in Mexico with a US PPL?

I did see one post about Ultralights with Cabo Sky Tours.

Thanks.

I don't live in Cabo, but I live in the central highlands and have flown a lot here in the past five years. Being able to rent solo is extremely rare (I've not actually seen it, but maybe it exists somewhere). Many flight schools won't even solo students, they 'solo' them by sending them up with a CFI who is completely silent except in the case of an emergency.

Cabo Sky Tours looks like a better bet. Affordable because it's an ultralight and a great way to see the scenery.

Or, convince the family to come to San Miguel de Allende instead and I'll take you up. :)

I've flown my Mooney to Cabo several times and am not aware of any flight clubs or rentals at either airport. You might check with the FBO at Cabo San Lucas airport. Their email address is ingresos@acsl.com.mx and they speak English.

I've done Cabo Sky Tours and highly recommend it. Much more fun than going up in a 172, even though you're a passenger.

rwellner98: How's the flying in San Miguel? Where are you based? My wife and I toured the central highlands two years ago and absolutely loved it. PM me so we don't hijack the thread.

rwellner98: How's the flying in San Miguel? Where are you based? My wife and I toured the central highlands two years ago and absolutely loved it. PM me so we don't hijack the thread.

We are based out of Celaya. Nothing much going for it except the hangar rent is reasonable ($200/USD for a large shared hangar with a guard, bathroom and secure storage) and it's not too far away.

Flying here is awesome. Nearly every day is flyable from a weather standpoint. The nearby scenery includes canyons, mountains, lakes and pyramids. A couple hours away are gulf or pacific beaches (in actual fact I'm typing this from down south in Oaxaca on the pacific coast today).

If you want to take this off thread, feel free to drop me an email. I'm not here often enough for PMs to be useful. rw2 at planeperfect.us

Back