Plane Painter near RI?

numl0ck

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Steve
One of our planes is in need of a paint job. Does anyone know of any shops near Rhode Island that is within reasonable flying distance for a 172 and what is a reasonable price range for this work? I have some leads with Google but I'm looking for a personal recommendation.

Thanks.

Attachments

• photo-5_resize.jpg
    photo-5_resize.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 7
One of our planes is in need of a paint job. Does anyone know of any shops near Rhode Island that is within reasonable flying distance for a 172 and what is a reasonable price range for this work? I have some leads with Google but I'm looking for a personal recommendation.

Thanks.

Google Oxford Aviation at KOXC, Oxford, CT. I have no idea about the prices. One of our club planes was painted by OA about 15 years ago and still looks pretty good (having never been in a hangar, it is not perfect...)

-Skip

I got quotes from 3 different places. Oxford (maine) was most definitely the most expensive. They sent a 50 page book and dvd with the quote; full of samples and references. Lots of corporate jets. Just over $15k for a two tone.
Another was Prestige in Vermont. $12.5k.
The third was Ed's Aircraft Refinishing (New York). $11K. And probably the better choice.
I really do need to get it painted. Maybe this fall.

Ed's Aircraft Refinishing just across the Sound at Brookhaven does excellent work -- I've seen many examples, and they are one of Scheme Designers' recommended shops.

Back