Plane mailboxes

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Just to show my ADD is in full swing, I looked at replacement mailboxes while I was at Ace hardware and came back to search for ideas and one thing led to...
http://www.deanscustommailboxes.com/Airplanes.html

Just in case you might want a Cessna Warrior mailbox.

He does do custom mailboxes so I can can him get to copy the paint scheme on my 235. The only dilemma is whether I want come out of the closet to my neighbors.

Maybe a nice copper mailbox with a cardinal or pine trees.

Last edited:
Those are pretty neat. I might have to consider that. If my cop-neighbor can have flames painted on his mail box, why can't mine have wings?

But, I can think of a couple folks down in Fayette County whom I'd love to secretly install a Southwest Airlines mail box.

Half of Fayette County is DAL employees. A good chunk of Peachtree City is DAL execs. If you know how the city is built, you understand that one. :)

Yeah, those are pretty fun. I'd rather have a Piper Skyhawk mailbox than a Cessna Warrior mailbox. The F-15 one was very cool.

Our cousin paints flame mailboxes. He does custom motorcycle paint jobs, so his are impeccably top notch.

Another problem is there's no way those are gonna resistant to mailbox baseball. The wings will be very attractive for hits.

Another problem is there's no way those are gonna resistant to mailbox baseball. The wings will be very attractive for hits.

***Sidebar*** About 5 years ago we were the "victims" of mailbox baseball. My wife, Debbie, was P.O.'d to say the least. Me, I just smiled and said "what comes around goes around".

BTW, cool mailboxes!

***Sidebar*** About 5 years ago we were the "victims" of mailbox baseball. My wife, Debbie, was P.O.'d to say the least. Me, I just smiled and said "what comes around goes around".

BTW, cool mailboxes!

In my research I see how many answers to that there are. Look at the one in the "Saving is Simple" video.*

That, and they have locking mailboxes to avoid identity theft and bombs. I guess the fact that it's a federal offense to mess with the mail doesn't do any good these days.

http://www.mailboxworks.com/CAT_PostSystems.html

*(I've been on a mission to find yellow CFL bug lights to avoid attracting any more spiders. What a hassle. I needed floods, too. Got 'em but not from one place. I asked my Ace guy to order them and he said he couldn't get them even though I gave him the GE web page.)

Of course, everyone is entitled to a mistake now and then. :D

That's true ;)

But then I got to fly both the "little" Robbie and the "big" Robbie today. On the second flight (R44 this time) I had a friend along whom I had promised to give a ride to when he passed his PP-ASEL. Somewhere near Phoenixville, PA we were talking about how helicopters are a whole different world from fixed-wing. I thought about it and said that I had learned to fly because I enjoyed some bush flying I had done in Alaska (Supercub). It prompted me to get my PP-ASEL, but I found that I never really enjoyed flying fixed-wing.

Then I took an intro lesson in a Schweizer some years back, it suddenly dawned on me that rotary-wing flight reminded me of the bush flights. Now if I had it all to do again, I would have started out in helicopters and never gotten into fixed-wing. I love boppin' along at 120 KIAS, clearing the ridges at a couple of hundred feet! Not to mention that the world is my airport ;)

That's not a slap in any way at fixed-wing flight, it just reflects what I love to do :yes:

But is does show that even I make mistakes! :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah... brag, brag, brag. :)

I might do something like that someday but not before I become a capable aerobatic pilot.

Nothin' wrong with that! The important thing (to me anyway) is that you get passionate about what you do, and aerobatics is pretty neat stuff...

Anybody who gets fired up by some aspect of aviation (and we can't all agree on what that aspect is!) is ok in my view :yes:

Back