Plane going to prebuy Friday

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
All

Have some questions. Typically, are tow bars and cowl plugs included if not specifically listed on spec sheet? What is the process for movie by plane? We have an acceptable pilot who was put on owner insurance.

So how does pre buy work, specifically on a Cirrus? What do we look for? We know we want a compression check right after we land and a bore scope and oil analysis as part of the process.

Thanks

Find a APIA with experience on type.

As for cowl plugs and tow bar, yes most times, it's all what you put into the sales agreement.

Google AOPA sales agreement, adjust as needed.

At a minimum I'd negotiate for:

All books, logs, keys
Tow bar
Cover
Gust lock
Cowl plugs
Chocks
Tie down kit

Definitely find a Cirrus A&P. Unique stuff like parachute repack are specific to Cirrus.
Good luck. Don't be afraid to walk away if major issues found and seller unwilling to fix.

Usually if it's seen in a picture ,it goes with the airplane. Most sales agreements cover what doesn't go such as all personal items. Make sure you have the date of the re-pack on the chute. Make sure someone reviews all logs. And check for any ADs or SBs.

Not to mention most cirrus types have the N number stitched into the plugs and painted on the chalks, if it's got the N number of the plane you're buying on it, probably should go with the plane

Good luck on the prebuy. Mine failed miserably so
I walked away from the deal.

Flew the 22 from Wisconsin to DUPAGE today. Loved it. We'll see how it goes.

Back