Plane furniture

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I need to be on the lookout for new furnishings. I think I'll look at making my own airplane decorations but we can see what the commercial guys are doing:

http://www.planepieces.com/
I like that the three-bladed Hartzell prop they show has ice boots.

http://motoart.com (Yeah. The "Wing Nuts" guys) (Warning: The maroon site sends a "full size" directive to your browser. That made mine 24" wide. Asshats. Gotta figure out how to get Firefox to reject that.)

You gotta figure that the propeller shops get more than a few phone calls from folks looking for non-airworthy parts.

I think I will go for the "Major Award" leg lamp.

Last edited:
Geeze, those props are expensive. Somehow, I doubt the shops are giving up the un-airworthy parts without a piece of the action. These things can't take a lot of time and cost compared to the return.

Geeze, those props are expensive. Somehow, I doubt the shops are giving up the un-airworthy parts without a piece of the action. These things can't take a lot of time and cost compared to the return.

They have to put more than a few hours polishing and painting for some of those items. As the TV show showed, they spend some time prowling salvage yards looking for candidate parts.

Still, you're right. It's gotta be a profitable business. They aren't working on slim margins.

The only reason I hate MotoArt so much is because I didn't think of it first. :redface:

I had no issues with their website using Firefox, by the way.

Hey Mike, thanks so much for recommending planepieces.com. I purchased the spinner table from them for $300.00 and couldnt be happier. They even shipped it for FREE. I tried motoart as well, but way out of my price range.

Have a great night everyone
JT

I still have 6 IO520 jugs I need to make into porch lamps. Getting resistance from the in-house Aesthetics Policewoman.

I still have 6 IO520 jugs I need to make into porch lamps. Getting resistance from the in-house Aesthetics Policewoman.

You have one of those, too? Mine is a particular problem when I think about new antennas for the ham station. She thinks "stupidradio" is one word. :D

Back