Plane full of pot grounded at Reading Regional Airport, police say

It could have been worse. At least he filed a flight plan.

-Rich

That's what I was wondering.

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

Wonder if this will affect his medical..........................................

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

Note to self:

If hauling weed, don't file a flightplan. Alternately, cancel en-route and change your refuel points. Plan fuel stops for unattended fields. If someone asks to search the plane, say "no".

Criminals are amazingly dumb.

Note to self:

If hauling weed, don't file a flightplan. Alternately, cancel en-route and change your refuel points. Plan fuel stops for unattended fields. If someone asks to search the plane, say "no".

I do wonder. If he was squawking 1200 and manning the local CTAFs how would anyone be able to follow his flights and deem them suspicious?

Four muslims in their 30's flying to 7 different airports in two weeks in a plane that likes gas a lot. I'd say more than one person called in on them. When the four of them get out of the plane, nice and relaxed, with one big black suit case full of dope, all load into a waiting caddy, go away for a day or two, return in a caddy, top the plane off, check wx, file, drop 19 cell phones out on the tarmac, don't BS like normal pilots do about business/vacation...

I'd be suspicious for sure.

We have tons of them around here on a smaller scale. Easy to spot. Nice cars, don't work a regular job, always talking on the cell, parked in strange places, don't associate with normal people, some have businesses that do exceptionally well when everyone else is barely making it.

I do wonder. If he was squawking 1200 and manning the local CTAFs how would anyone be able to follow his flights and deem them suspicious?

See flight aware link above. He was on FF sometimes, IFR others.

Note to self:

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I would shorten it to

Note to self:

If hauling weed, STOP DOING IT!

I think it should be legal, but as long as it's not, some risks are just not worth taking.

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I would shorten it to

Note to self:

If hauling weed, STOP DOING IT!

I think it should be legal, but as long as it's not, some risks are just not worth taking.

Yeah, but have you ever seen Cocaine Cowboys? Cool planes, lots of $....right up until it all goes south.

With Colorado and Washington about to start selling pot over the counter one can only imagine the flights into and out of CO & WA with the transponders off. ;)

They should legalize it all and tax the crap out of it. $250 and ounce. Do you have any idea how much tax revenue that would generate? :yes: :eek:

Last edited:
With Colorado and Washington about to start selling pot over the counter one can only imagine the flights into and out of CO & WA with the transponders off. ;)

They should legalize it all and tax the crap out of it. $250 and ounce. Do you have any idea how much tax revenue that would generate? :yes: :eek:

Tax it too much and you won't stop the black market trafficking,

They don't even need to tax it. The savings in law enforcement, interdiction, and criminal justice costs alone would be a windfall.

-Rich

Note to self:

Haven't you considered that they might have been doing exactly that and thus attracting the attention of the unnamed "federal agency"?

I never thought I would see you advocating high taxes!

What does a dead-head say when he runs out of weed?

Man this is ****ty music.

Back