Plane drops concrete block on tennis court

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
http://tinyurl.com/2uapst

Ever seem like it took extra power to taxi?

This guy seems like he really knows how to throw his weight around. A real chip off the ole block, etc.

Can envision him standing on the bridge of Starship Enterprise: Taxi power Mr. Data.

Captain, the ship seems to be moving a bit slow.

Warp taxi Mr. Data! BYW, I have to drop a few things off on the way back home today.

Best,

Dave

It is thought the four-seater Piper Cherokee took off without removing the weight.
Doh! :eek:

I would have suspected it fell from the International Space Station. :rolleyes:

This was posted by Joe Budge on AvSig. Just wonder how someone could taxi and takeoff dragging a concrete brick, but, what do I know.

Best,

Dave

I hear these types of stories (well, maybe not dropping the block onto a tennis court, that's probably a first), and have always been curious how one can taxi while dragging a block behind without knowing

I hear these types of stories (well, maybe not dropping the block onto a tennis court, that's probably a first), and have always been curious how one can taxi while dragging a block behind without knowing
I always had the same thought about guys who run out of fuel. Seems to me some part of the preflight didn't work.
Note to self: Pay close attention to the details.

We have a local businessman pilot who was in a rush to get to DSM to visit some potential investors. He hit the up button, fired up the C310 in the hangar, taxiied out. He couldn't figure out why Com 2 was dead. As it turned out, he sheared off the top 7" of his empennage.

I always had the same thought about guys who run out of fuel. Seems to me some part of the preflight didn't work.
Note to self: Pay close attention to the details.
When humans get involved you can count on something going wrong. With some people, such things happen more often and/or they are more egrarious.

We have a local businessman pilot who was in a rush to get to DSM to visit some potential investors. He hit the up button, fired up the C310 in the hangar, taxiied out. He couldn't figure out why Com 2 was dead. As it turned out, he sheared off the top 7" of his empennage.
Geeze. :rolleyes:

I'm too paranoid to leave my driveway until I see the door has gone down completely.

Is this the guy...same place where the guy hand propped the twin his wife supposedly at the controls? That one really turned out badly.

I'll bet that impressed the investors.

Judy

Back