Plane down

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Report of a plane down in west Chester PA ,with 2 people on board,report of heavy fire at the scene. Nothing further yet

Latest report two dead at scene of piper aircraft crash on takeoff.

This is the one in West Chester. It was just off the departure end of 27 at KOQN, about a mile from my house. Didn't see it go down, but figured something bad must have happened based on the news helicopters hovering over there.

http://6abc.com/news/2-dead-after-small-plane-crashes-in-west-goshen/584690/

Sounds like engine failure on takeoff followed by a nose dive...based on where the plane ended up I'm guessing an impossible turn to the left was attempted and it stalled at some point.

Last edited:
One of the news stations reported the chester county crash as being part of a check ride. Not sure how accurate that is but we'll find out when the FAA releases something.

That would make more sense. Not many people own the plane they take their initial check ride in.

They confirmed the identities of the pilots involved in the one in West Chester today. I was shocked to find out I've actually flown with the instructor a couple times. He was a good guy and very experienced instructor...it kind of makes me question if this could happen to him, what chance do I have if I ever found myself in the same situation? I see reports of accidents all the time but I guess it hits home more when you actually know someone involved.

They confirmed the identities of the pilots involved in the one in West Chester today. I was shocked to find out I've actually flown with the instructor a couple times. He was a good guy and very experienced instructor...it kind of makes me question if this could happen to him, what chance do I have if I ever found myself in the same situation? I see reports of accidents all the time but I guess it hits home more when you actually know someone involved.

Thought the same thing when I found out it was Rick. I flew with Bill but I know Rick was the Chief Pilot at the school and chatted with him on occasion while being tortured in the sim for my IFR training. Very sad....for all the family and friends.

Back