Plane Down, Seward, NE

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
A small plane carrying two people crashed and both were killed. I knew the pilot very well, and if you are from this area so did you.

Lincoln pilots pm me, and I will let you know who it is. Very sad.

I updated the facts as i get them.

Last edited:
The pilot was a commercial pilot for a local charter business, and he was in management of that operation. He has been flying since he was 13. He owns and just restored a Cub, and flew an RV-4 just for fun. A very accomplished pilot. A huge loss to the Lincoln, Nebraska aviation community.

Damn.

We are all going to die, not many of us will have lived. This guy lived life to the fullest.

Double damn.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this- stay safe everyone.

I flew co-pilot with him many times. I can vouch that he was an excellent pilot and a great friend. I wouldn't wish that phone call i got on anyone. It's going to be rough at the airport and I'm sure at home with his family. He will be greatly missed by everyone.

The plane was a Christian Eagle. The instructor was doing transition training for the new owner. The instructor has just sold the plane (or brokered the plane) to the other pilot on board. They crashed on the first flight of the day about 1,000 from the end of the runway, after fueling.

I knew the instructor very well also, in fact he launched my career as a flight instructor and a professional pilot. He is someone that will be missed like you cant believe. I hurt terribly for all involved especially the families, this will hurt for a while.

Sad to see. Condolences to all that knew them personally.

I was scheduled to fly with Jeff tomorrow in the King Air. I sadly had to call and ask who I was flying with instead. I've talked with some of the other pilots who also fly with him, we're all pretty shocked and upset.

Very sorry to hear about this accident, particularly because many here knew the person/people involved. :(

Very sorry to hear about this accident, particularly because many here knew the person/people involved. :(

I second that:sad::sad::sad:...... Life is short and the end is not written in any timeline so live every moment as if it is the last......

Ben.

Absolutely stunning. Both pilots were experienced in Pitts type aircraft.

Something went south in a hurry.

I feel real bad for Jeff's wife Mary, and his kids. It was his birthday, he just turned 58.

This will hurt for a while, but times heals all wounds.

Good for you T to call and reschedule. Life stops once in a while, but slowly starts to march on again. Certainly, Jeff of all people understood that. He and I were the first on scene of Dr. Krothers fatal crash at Sky Ranch Acres back in the 80s. Doc and Jeff were good friends. That was a very bad day.

Life goes on.

Be careful out there!

Back