Plane down near KWDR Sunday

I was out flying out of KWDR yesterday. The accident pilot was a member of a nearby EAA Chapter, and in November had just received the FAA Wright Brothers Award for 50 years of safe flight operations. He was considered a very safe and competent pilot by all who knew him.

I'm very curious to hear the NTSB's findings.

RIP :(

Had a friend message me about it. Sad thing to hear.

I was just in and out of there a month or so ago. Very sad. May he rest in peace.

I was out flying out of KWDR yesterday. The accident pilot was a member of a nearby EAA Chapter, and in November had just received the FAA Wright Brothers Award for 50 years of safe flight operations. He was considered a very safe and competent pilot by all who knew him.

I'm very curious to hear the NTSB's findings.

RIP :(
Wow 50yrs! We know he passed doing the thing he loved! RIP

Very nice guy, loved his Sierra and was planning on stopping next year. Also an Angel Flight pilot.

No fire and attempting to land at the nearby airport. Sad, sounds like this guy was everything that was right about GA.

Oh no :( Always sobering when they involve the same plane that you own.

Very saddened by this after having just hosted the award ceremony where he and another chapter member were presented the Master Pilot Award the same day. I can still remember how he was just beaming up on the stage with his wife by his side and family in the audience.

We have a Gone West plaque on the wall and have added too many names this year. :(

Last edited:
Awful. Any word on what might have gone wrong? These are sobering stories. RIP

Back