Plane down KPOU

Crazy response from EMS! That’s a lot of fire, police, ambulance support for one small pls e.

What an idiot. I know for a fact that there are several airports between Ohio and Poughkeepsie. I would imagine at least one has fuel! And he’s lucky he made it as far as he did. Ten or 15 minutes earlier he’s down in the Catskills mountains, and I can promise you the outcome would have been different.

And we take our volunteer firefighting seriously around here...

Wow, running out of fuel in a Malibu; one would think at that level of airplane the basics would be covered, and I'm pretty sure a 'bu can go the 350 nm with tail winds without a full load of fuel. I think that airplane is based at my old home airport [AKR].

I doubt that had anything to do with it. Emergency services wouldn’t have had any idea. I’m not kidding when I saw we take our volunteer firefighting seriously around here. I’ve always found it kind of cultish and somewhat bizarre. There are probably a dozen paid and volunteer fire departments within 20-30 minutes of the crash sight, and by the looks of things everyone turned out.

Could a fuel leak be a possibility? Maybe the pilot did check before the flight? Just throwing it out there.

I doubt that had anything to do with it. Emergency services wouldn’t have had any idea. I’m not kidding when I saw we take our volunteer firefighting seriously around here. I’ve always found it kind of cultish and somewhat bizarre. There are probably a dozen paid and volunteer fire departments within 20-30 minutes of the crash sight, and by the looks of things everyone turned out.
I know. I was being sarcastic. I used to live just south of Fishkill and my ex worked at big blue in Wappingers a Falls.

Crazy response from EMS! That’s a lot of fire, police, ambulance support for one small pls e.

No kidding. You'd think an airliner went down judging from the number of police, fire, and EMS vehicles. They even brought the mobile command post and the OHV.

No kidding. You'd think an airliner went down judging from the number of police, fire, and EMS vehicles. They even brought the mobile command post and the OHV.
Small town fire and police departments love to play with their equipment. Any chance they get no matter how minor or major an accident is, they’re on it.

Back