Plane down after Oshkosh, pilot "missing"

Maybe start with running the N number? At least the pilot must be sorta O.K..

Hopefully the pilot didn’t suffer a medical emergency, and is in need of assistance.Or maybe the aircraft was in the process of being stolen.

Avoiding contact with FAA?

Hope the pilot is ok. Curious indeed as to how this is going to pan out. Plane looks relatively ok. Paint scheme very similar to our 182. Which I just flew today. Creeped me out a bit

Car took pilot to hospital?

Reporter: Hey boss, I've got pics of a plane in a field so I was thinking we'd use 'Pilot abandons airplane after successful off airport landing' as the headline.
Boss: What are you an idiot? Is there a runway in that picture? No? Then its a crash you idiot. Its a got dang plane crash and you will write the headline accordingly or you will find another job am I making myself clear?
Reporter: Its a crash. Got it. Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking...

Probably needed to find a restroom, and it looks like he'd have to walk for that at a minimum... that's an emergency situation, right?

Maybe it was a “Patrick Swayze” situation... ;)

Well, we had a fella depart our airport a few years ago in a NORDO ragwing who ran out of fuel and crashed into a tree a ways from his destination. He apparently climbed out of the tree and found a ride home, not intending to return. (Plane? What plane? How did it get there?). The plane wasn't discovered for a while--a farmer thought it odd a plane had suddenly sprouted in one of his trees. While the search went on for the pilot, among other things to determine what had happened, our airport fueling operation was shut down in case it was a fuel contamination issue. We couldn't re-open fueling until our fuel was tested or the pilot was found to determine he had not fueled at our airfield prior to departure.

Probably caught a ride to the nearest home improvement store for some paint to change the number from 13608 to 13808.

Or caught a ride to the nearest bar because that is what I probably would have done.

A while back at a rural airport near me a pilot was doing a night VFR approach and went under some power lines on final. Hit them with the very top of the vertical stab on the Cherokee. Landed safely, taxied the plane to its hangar and locked the door.

But there was a power outage in the area and the utility traced it immediately to the location. The pilot hung around watching the police cars, lights on, driving around frantically looking for a crashed plane. His undoing was that the plane belonged to the local flying club, so it didn't take long for other members to figure out what happened and report it when they saw the damage.

Doesn't Wisconsin hold the distinction of having the highest consumption of alcohol per person in the US.??

Well, I went to look up the stats on this. I thought we were #2 behind North Dakota (because Ole and Lena are the only ones who live dere and dey just can't stop drinkin' don'tcha know) but now I see that the stats that are most widely covered put us in about 7th place because they're looking at purchases vs. population and not correcting for the people who cross state lines to get lower taxes (New Hampshire, you cheated!).

However, 7 of the top 10 drunkest cities in America are in Wisconsin... And those "seven" are:

1) Green Bay
2) Eau Claire
3) Appleton
4) Madison
5) Oshkosh
6) Neenah
7) Wausau
8) La Crosse
9) Onalaska

New math! They combined some of them. I guess they wanted to let other places have a chance to get on the list.

Well, I went to look up the stats on this. I thought we were #2 behind North Dakota (because Ole and Lena are the only ones who live dere and dey just can't stop drinkin' don'tcha know) but now I see that the stats that are most widely covered put us in about 7th place because they're looking at purchases vs. population and not correcting for the people who cross state lines to get lower taxes (New Hampshire, you cheated!).

However, 7 of the top 10 drunkest cities in America are in Wisconsin... And those "seven" are:

1) Green Bay
2) Eau Claire
3) Appleton
4) Madison
5) Oshkosh
6) Neenah
7) Wausau
8) La Crosse
9) Onalaska

New math! They combined some of them. I guess they wanted to let other places have a chance to get on the list.

Ha five of the top six are in the Fox River Valley.

Back