Plane crashes in tree tops pilot missing?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
plane crahes in trees in the Pococno mountains but wheres the pilot?

This teaches us a few lessons:

1) Putting it down in the tree tops can be survivable. The guy who owned the FBO where I got my ticket always said tree tops are good due to the cushioning and dissapation of energy

2) Not every pilot or former pilot is a good ambassador for aviation. Listent to the guy who says if he put it in the trees the only reason could be that he was drunk. :nonod:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=343583

How do we know there was a pilot in the plane when it went into the tree tops? Recall not too long ago that Indiana nut case jumped out of his plane and let it crash later when it ran out of fuel.

How do you even know there was a pilot in the plane when it took off? There have been cases of pilots hand-propping a plane only to have it fly off without them...

Don't ya think it's about time they start fitting ejection seats in GA aircraft ?

I'd prefer pulling on the yellow handle rather than trying my luck with the trees...

The BRS chutes don't seem to work too well...

There are only 2 problems:

1. The cost of an ejection seat is equivalent to 2 Cessna 172...

2. The weight of the seat would turn the C-172 into a single seater...

Why bother when you can just pop the door open and jump? Many acrobatic pilots carry chutes anyway. And I was under the impression that Ballistic Chutes had a good track record. Plus this crash was apparently survivable.

Even so, in this situation, any attempt to parachute out by an ejection seat or other means would of simply resulted in someone ending up snagged up the trees a few feet off the ground.

Don't ya think it's about time they start fitting ejection seats in GA aircraft ?

I'd prefer pulling on the yellow handle rather than trying my luck with the trees...

The BRS chutes don't seem to work too well...

There are only 2 problems:

1. The cost of an ejection seat is equivalent to 2 Cessna 172...

2. The weight of the seat would turn the C-172 into a single seater...

The only reason this could've happened was if the pilot was drunk. Are you serious????? Wow.

Back