Plane Crash

Hmmm.. that is an interesting feed makes it seem like the plane crash turned into a shootout on the bridge.

Any better details on the accident?

Strange case to say the least.If true the girl survived,hopefully they will find the wreck and the pilot before too much time goes by.

Article says a Seneca. Hopefully this will be the last of such stories for a while.

They are having some bad wx on the other end of my state. LIFR. Hope they all make it!

Yep, just read that. Four found dead. Wow, the 7 yr old girl made it out in 40F temps, rain and after dark. She walked 3/4 mi with one sock to a 71 yr old man's house! She said the plane was upside down. Memphis Ctr received distress call and lost them at 1800' with engine problems.

Update: Looks like Piper Seneca N81291. Cruise 12,000' TLH-MVN. They left from Key West earlier Friday. Appears something went wrong during the descent(which seemed to start a little early) around 4300'. There is an icing AIRMET 0-24,000'. Freezing level around 11-12,000'.

Crash site is approx 6.8 nm, 073 deg from M34. They appeared to turn towards M34 during the last few FA track updates.

Last edited:
Horrible accident, but that little girl is one tough cookie. I have 3 kids of my own and when I read she survived it made me smile.

Hopefully she can learn to cope with the loss of what I can only assume is one or both of her parents.

Yep, just read that. Four found dead. Wow, the 7 yr old girl made it out in 40F temps, rain and after dark. She walked 3/4 mi with one sock to a 71 yr old man's house! She said the plane was upside down. Memphis Ctr received distress call and lost them at 1800' with engine problems.

Update: Looks like Piper Seneca N81291. Cruise 12,000' TLH-MVN. They left from Key West earlier Friday. Appears something went wrong during the descent(which seemed to start a little early) around 4300'. There is an icing AIRMET 0-24,000'. Freezing level around 11-12,000'.

Crash site is approx 6.8 nm, 073 deg from M34. They appeared to turn towards M34 during the last few FA track updates.

Also, significant headwinds at all altitudes right now. They were 30 mins past expected arrival and still a good distance from home.

They declared an intent to land at M34. Both engines out?

Ice, fuel...what else sticks out?

Last edited:
Fuel issues and possible ice seem like the highest probability right now. Of course if so, the main issue would be the failure of the pilot to take action earlier. That gets us to the 88% or so figure for the 'error'. Sad event indeed.

It looked like winds were forecast to be directly from their left. His cruise speeds also indicated this. Fuel cap was either 93 or 123 usable. Flight time was almost 3.4 hrs. TSIO-360's. They were just getting into the bad wx at that time.

Back