Plane Crash on I-55 Lincoln Illinois 3/3/20

Another one way to close to home

In the picture with the fire burning the weather looked sorta O.K.. There was some weather moving through, at least further North. There are a lot of big farm fields around.

In the picture with the fire burning the weather looked sorta O.K.. There was some weather moving through, at least further North. There are a lot of big farm fields around.
It was beautiful here this morning...50 degrees CAVU this morning. Lincoln was reporting 7G15 when I heard about the accident, but it would've been calmer when it happened. No ideas on this one. Obviously they didn't run out of gas. Sad.

Close to home. Literally. This is me and @baboss hometown. We both learned to fly at KAAA, and it happened about 2-3 miles NW of our childhood home. Tragic. Prayers for the families.

I wonder if they clipped the sign shown in the photo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

State police confirmed the plane to be N157SF, a 2013 G1000 172 owned by synergy fbo at kbmi. As far as I know it was primarily used for flight instruction, although they offered it for rent as well. They're anticipating releasing the names of the victims today.

I was parked next to it on their ramp Saturday.... feels a little weird.

I used to rent from the pilot killed in the crash, actually he did my last BFR too. Very sad news

The article said they, ‘would shoot pictures of eagle’s nest’ during these flights?

As an aside, that seems like a job tailor made for a drone. Of course you have legalities, but since they were wildlife officials, likely not a problem.

Back