Plane crash in water off Miami Beach

Successful ditch? Nice job!

Successful ditch? Nice job!

It was. Just saw it on the evening news on ABC. Looked like he tried to hit tail first but touch down more or less level, and gear forced front of plane forward. Didn't flip though, cockpit stayed above water before plane went under. Looks like a swallow area as tail sticking out of the water while rest of plane, although visible, below water..

Some video:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Reports-Of-Possible-Plane-Down-in-Miami-Beach-465967443.html

Last edited:
Flew today 15F outside temp. No way was I going to ditch in the water if things went south. Trees or rocky beech. Very unforgiving terrain were I fly. Good to here the pilot is OK

Flew today 15F outside temp. No way was I going to ditch in the water if things went south. Trees or rocky beech. Very unforgiving terrain were I fly. Good to here the pilot is OK

Flying single engine up the channel from Haines to Skagway always made me nervous. Even is summer I would not want to go in the water.

Flying single engine up the channel from Haines to Skagway always made me nervous. Even is summer I would not want to go in the water.
Haines to Skagway down the channel there is no were to make an emergency landing. Mountains go into the water don't thing there is a spot 20feet wide to make an emergency landing

Haines to Skagway down the channel there is no were to make an emergency landing. Mountains go into the water don't thing there is a spot 20feet wide to make an emergency landing

I lost power in a 207 over Funter Bay. I was looking at water or trees, until I found the problem.

I lost power in a 207 over Funter Bay. I was looking at water or trees, until I found the problem.
Not much to land on around the Funter Bay area either. Trees or water not much of a choice... At low tide maybe a beech with boulders the size of a VW bus everywhere

Back