Plane crash in Lake Worth, Fl., unknown fatalities

Witness said plane was gliding down, fluttered, then dropped straight to the ground. Yet another stall spin fatality it seems.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/plane-crashes-lake-worth-florida-trailer-park-n444181

A small plane crashed into a Florida trailer park Tuesday, killing the pilot and a person on the ground while sparking a fireball that engulfed two homes, authorities said.

Surveillance video showed the Piper Cherokee flying on its side before crashing into the Mar-Mak Colony Club in the Lake Worth area around 5:30 p.m.

The pilot, who authorities have not identified, was completing a round-trip flight between Lantana and Orlando, said Dan Boggs, an investigator with the National Transportation Safety Board. Investigators believe the pilot was traveling alone, he said.

The Lantana airport is about three miles from the crash site.

The cause remains unknown, Boggs said. The pilot did not make any emergency radio calls, he said.

The plane hit one home, killing someone inside, Boggs said. Authorities have not released the identity of that person.

There are not very many good engine out landing spots near most if not all of the Southeastern Florida airports. Homes built right up to the edge.

There are not very many good engine out landing spots near most if not all of the Southeastern Florida airports. Homes built right up to the edge.

2 miles east of klna is the ocean, but I hear what you're saying.

Witness said plane was gliding down, fluttered, then dropped straight to the ground. Yet another stall spin fatality it seems.

That video of the plane coming in at a 90 deg. bank doesn't look like stall/spin to me. Path is fairly horizontal with a steep bank. I don't know what that tells us, if anything. Incapacitation? Trying to maneuver with engine out? If you watch the tracker video, seems like he gets into the pattern, gets on base leg and .....

??

Which were built after the airport, then they complain about the airport?!

That video of the plane coming in at a 90 deg. bank doesn't look like stall/spin to me. Path is fairly horizontal with a steep bank. I don't know what that tells us, if anything. Incapacitation? Trying to maneuver with engine out? If you watch the tracker video, seems like he gets into the pattern, gets on base leg and .....

??

Agreed.....

Strange indeed......:confused::confused:

Absolutely. The people they should be angry at is their realtor !!!

Hey now! :nono: I am a realtor that goes to township meetings to suppert our airport that has idiots buying houses next door complaining about noise non-stop. I can see how new construction/ home developers would play down the airport noise and traffic to potential buyers though.

Hey now! :nono: I am a realtor that goes to township meetings to suppert our airport that has idiots buying houses next door complaining about noise non-stop. I can see how new construction/ home developers would play down the airport noise and traffic to potential buyers though.

Like showing a house on days where the flight path isn't over the house.

Which were built after the airport, then they complain about the airport?!

Yeah right. If the airport was there first, neighbors have no right to mind if planes fall on their homes and kill them.

And we wonder why GA isn't more popular.

Yeah right. If the airport was there first, neighbors have no right to mind if planes fall on their homes and kill them.

And we wonder why GA isn't more popular.

GA is not more popular because it's too expensive, neighbors don't like it because it's too noisy, not because an occasional plane falls out of the sky.

Back