Plane crash, Creve Coeur (1H0) 6/26/14

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Watched the coverage on the local St. Louis news this morning. Happened about 5 am. Plane crashed and burned coming in to land. Hit some power lines, went through some trees. The live aerial shots showed about 100' of scorched earth terminating at an unrecognizable pile of rubble.

Amazingly the pilot got out if the plane and called 911. He was taken to the hospital. No word yet on his exact condition. When they first reported on it this morning they didn't yet know anything about the pilot and/or his condition and, looking at the crash scene, I would've bet that there was no way anyone survived. Amazing.

I'll post a local news feed link if I can find one.

Last edited:
And here's the video from local channel 5:

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/06/26/small-plane-crash-in-west-county/11393725/

(Sorry, I thought this report had more aerial video. That was a different one).

They're now saying it was a twin which would make me suspect it was a turn back accident. He was aligned with the cross wind (grass) runway and perpendicular to the main, paved runway. Don't know of too many twin drivers who would be opting for grass at 5 am.

Last edited:
And the reporter speculates that the pilot may have been able to get out before it crashed!

:rofl:

Last edited:
Watched the coverage on the local St. Louis news this morning. Happened about 5 am. Plane crashed and burned coming in to land. Hit some power lines, went through some trees. The live aerial shots showed about 100' of scorched earth terminating at an unrecognizable pile of rubble.

Amazingly the pilot got out if the plane and called 911. He was taken to the hospital. No word yet on his exact condition. When they first reported on it this morning they didn't yet know anything about the pilot and/or his condition and, looking at the crash scene, I would've bet that there was no way anyone survived. Amazing.

I'll post a local news feed link if I can find one.

Heard about this on the radio on my way in to work this morning. Good to hear the pilot made it out.

"There was nobody in the plane so we put the fire out quickly"

Otherwise....

Noon news update:

Departed 1H0 about 0430. Had mechanical issues "possibly a cargo door." Was returning to airport and had an engine failure. (At least that's what's being reported by the local station who claims the info came from the NTSB investigator).

Pilot walked away, has injuries, but nothing life threatening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back