Plane crash at Butler County Airport OH KHAO

Nice airport. I used to be based there - came very close to hitting a deer one night.

Used to be a place that imported and rebuilt L39s at HAO.

Sounds like he might have tried to make the impossible turn. Hoping the pilot is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KHAO is location of Yankee Aviation run by Roscoe Rosche, an A&P/IA known in the community as a “Grumman Guru”. Hope this AA hadn’t just come out of Annual.

Last edited:
Plane registered to a pilot who as of 3/17 had Student ticket. Wish him the best.

Last edited:
KHAO is location of Yankee Aviation run by Roscoe Rosche, an A&P/IA known in the community as a “Grumman Guru”. Hope this AA hadn’t just come out of Annual.

Just heard the pilot might have been Roscoe. Jeeeez!

The event yesterday involved a Grummen piloted by Roscoe Henry Rosche. He took off on rwy 29 lost power about 200 feet up and turned back when he got to the end of the runway. Roscoe went thru 5 hours surgery working on his back and hip. Still in ICU.

This is the latest I have heard... Hoping all is well for him.

The event yesterday involved a Grummen piloted by Roscoe Henry Rosche. He took off on rwy 29 lost power about 200 feet up and turned back when he got to the end of the runway. Roscoe went thru 5 hours surgery working on his back and hip. Still in ICU.

This is the latest I have heard... Hoping all is well for him.
Ugh. 29 is the less friendly runway if you need a place to put it down. Houses and shopping centers. I always preferred takeoffs on 11. 29 is preferred for landing because of the ILS.

Ugh. 29 is the less friendly runway if you need a place to put it down. Houses and shopping centers. I always preferred takeoffs on 11. 29 is preferred for landing because of the ILS.

I agree 29 is not the best option for an issue on takeoff. I took my youngest son flying the other day, and was saying just that very thing.

I agree 29 is not the best option for an issue on takeoff. I took my youngest son flying the other day, and was saying just that very thing.

I used to be based there. Back when it was just a LOC on 29 (before glideslope), we used to practice circle-to-land approaches from the LOC to 11. It was eye opening, especially the tower just NW of the field.

The only blessing is he ended up only a few hundred yards from where the medical helicopters are based.

Here is the Update I just got:

Good afternoon EAA chapter 974 members,

As I'm sure many of you are aware, one of our based tenants and Grumman expert Roscoe Rosche was severely injured in a plane crash this Tuesday, May 15th. Many of us on the field know Roscoe well and are hoping for a speedy and successful recovery for him. In order to help alleviate the burden on Roscoe's family, our assistant manager Mike Bambrick has started a GoFundMe page to raise funds to help pay for his medical treatment at the University of Cincinnati main medical campus. All proceeds from the fundraiser will go directly to Roscoe and his family.

Please feel free to donate as much or as little as you would like. Anything helps! You are also welcome to share this with anyone else you think might be interested in donating. The GoFundMe page can be found here: https://www.gofundme.com/5k1ogc0.

Thanks again!

Miranda Jones
Customer Service Representative
Cincinnati Jet Center
Butler County Regional Airport- Hogan Field (HAO)
2820 Bobmeyer Road
Hamilton, OH 45015
Phone: (513) 867-9500
Fax: (513) 867-0149
Email: frontdesk@cincijet.com

Back