Places to rent a 172 in Chicago

Tmpendergrass

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tmpendergrass
I am visiting family in Chicago in a couple weeks. I am looking for somewhere I can rent a 172 to fly around Lake Michigan while I am there. Anyone know of any good FBOs/Flight schools that you would recommend.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am visiting family in Chicago in a couple weeks. I am looking for somewhere I can rent a 172 to fly around Lake Michigan while I am there. Anyone know of any good FBOs/Flight schools that you would recommend.

Thank you!

You can try the Daley FBO at Meigs Field....

They should have everything you need to experience GA at it's finest...:rolleyes:....:D........:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Pwk is probably your best option. There are a few flight schools there. And it's only 10-15 minute flight from the lake.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

DPA and ARR have FBO's that rent 172's.

You might want to check out open airplane.

Fly there at PWK. Windy City Aviation at PWK

Last edited:
What part of Chicago? I fly way north out of Waukegan, where there is the oldest flight club and a school, but there are lots of options. PWK being the closest to the city itself.

Could be a long drive depending on where you are. But I rent 1997 172R-180hp's (they have 2) from Blue Skies at 3CK for $140 an hour. They require a checkout with one of their instructors, but most places do. These planes used to belong to Embry Riddle. They are like S models without the leather trim. One cool thing is they have skylights in the wing over the cabin (not a standard option AFAIK)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Could try Northwest flyers at 06C.

PWK will probably be the most expensive option. They quoted a friend of mine $20-$25k for PPL training!!

Back