Place to rent in Miami

stagecoachco

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Tony B
I am going to be in Miami in Feburary and would like to fly up to Cape Canaveral (actually into KCOI - Merrit Island).

The friends I will be staying with live near Kendall Tamiami (KTMB ). I called the schools listed @ AOPA. One said a CFI would call me back to schedule a checkout (that was on Monday, I have not heard back since), the other will not let me reserve a plane until one week before (this was told to me by a rude person who acted like my call was a great imposition).

I would be willing to go to another airport in the area, if there was a school that actually was willing to take my money :rolleyes:. Does any one have a place they could recomend?

Thanks,

Tony

It's amazing in this economy, you want to spend some money and you get an attitude. You have to wonder how these people stay in business.

It's Miami. Try asking them in Spanish.

and I'm only half joking.

The second place that I called, the woman had such a thick accent, that I could barely understand her. She asked where I wanted to fly to. I said Merrit Island. She asked where that was. I said on Cape Canaveral. Again she asked where that was. I said near Orlando. She then asked if that was in Florida :eek:....

I would be willing to go to another airport in the area, if there was a school that actually was willing to take my money :rolleyes:. Does any one have a place they could recomend?

When visiting my (pilot) uncle in Miami, I've rented from Palm Beach Flight Training at KLNA. It's about an hour drive north of Miami, and it appears you've already discovered why. :(

They have good selection of newer airplanes, reasonable rental policies, and friendly people. I'd go back.

Back