Pix on the way to Gastons

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Here we go - using the video camera for digital pictures.

No big story aside from cleaning liquified dog poop out of my airplane in Kansas.

1) Coming out of Albuquerque, I had to dodge a bunch of pretty big thunderstorms

2) Another view of the cells I was avoiding

3) Juliet on the ramp at Borger, TX

4) Piper under the wing at Borger, TX

5) Wow - there is NOTHING to see in Kansas.

Attachments

• Yay T-Storms.jpg
    Yay T-Storms.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 50
  • More T-Storms.jpg
    More T-Storms.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Borger TX Ramp.jpg
    Borger TX Ramp.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Piper and Juliet on Borger Ramp.jpg
    Piper and Juliet on Borger Ramp.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Kansas sure is Boring.jpg
    Kansas sure is Boring.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 52
Nick I can't wait to meet your cuuuuuuutie of a dog!

--Kath
(boarding Delta flight 762 in less than 24 hours...)

kath said:
Nick I can't wait to meet your cuuuuuuutie of a dog!

--Kath
(boarding Delta flight 762 in less than 24 hours...)

I suspect that Piper is going to received a lot of attention this weekend. No doubt he'll be convinced that airplane travel is a fabulous thing.

lancefisher said:
I suspect that Piper is going to received a lot of attention this weekend. No doubt he'll be convinced that airplane travel is a fabulous thing.

I sure hope that's his final take on this. Right now he's not so jazzed about flying anymore. When I landed at KJEF, I walked him back to the plane to get some stuff out and he started whining. Methinks I may have pushed him a bit too far too soon.

But he's happy as a clam right now. Missouri actually has grass. EVERYWHERE! And I don't think y'all have to water it either!

SkyHog said:

It seems they forgot to install a tiedown ring on your plane Nick. It looks like they put a puppyring on there instead. :yes:

fgcason said:
It seems they forgot to install a tiedown ring on your plane Nick. It looks like they put a puppyring on there instead. :yes:

And, if Pooper (er, Piper) keeps exploding at altitude, you can just leave him tied there during the flight. (just kidding, folks, I'd only do that to a cat :D )

Nick...Piper has gotten HUGE in the past few weeks. Pretty soon he will take up your entire back seat and there will be NO room for extra passengers other than the one sitting right seat.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Nick...Piper has gotten HUGE in the past few weeks. Pretty soon he will take up your entire back seat and there will be NO room for extra passengers other than the one sitting right seat.
And hopefully by then Nick will have completed Piper's training which includes not leaving 'gifts' in the back seat.

SkyHog said:
But he's happy as a clam right now. Missouri actually has grass. EVERYWHERE! And I don't think y'all have to water it either!

some of us miss the dirt nick..

Nick, have you bought that dog a logbook yet? If not, you better. He's racking up time and deserves his own book.

P.S. I forgot where I saw it but there are dog sweaters (for winter obviously) that has pilot wings on the side. Silly but I thought it was kinda neat.

Bill Jennings said:
you can just leave him tied there during the flight. (just kidding, folks, I'd only do that to a cat :D )

Gives me another ideas for a Chevy Chase "Vacation" movie. You know when he tied the dog to the car door handle then at their next stop only found the leash. :)

I agree cat's are funny, dogs aren't, athough that scene was priceless.

SkyHog said:
No big story aside from cleaning liquified dog poop out of my airplane in Kansas.

Looks like you need to adjust your checklist to add:

Paper towels - Check
Plastic bags - Check
Fabreeze - Check

:D

They used to make some kind of mat that we put under our kids' car seats to contain the spills ... maybe there's something like that you could put on the seat for Piper? Heck, maybe even one of those winter floormats for trucks with the deep lips to contain the spills?

Well I @#$%%#$#$%#$%#$ knew it. "Screw scheduling" got me again. I have to go to White Plains and back this weekend. Maybe I can figure out how to dump the lavatory when I go over head.

SkyHog said:
Borger. I spent a year there one weekend. They say dogs' noses are pretty sensitive so I'm wondering how he liked the smell. :vomit:

I meant the smell of the town, not his poop. Apologies to anyone from Borger.

Last edited:
Brent Bradford said:
Well I @#$%%#$#$%#$%#$ knew it. "Screw scheduling" got me again. I have to go to White Plains and back this weekend. Maybe I can figure out how to dump the lavatory when I go over head.

Brent, when are you going to be in HPN and for how long? I am making a breakfast run from HPN leaving tomorrow morning.

-Skip

Brent Bradford said:

UGH!!!! IL GO TO HPN FOR YOU SO YOU CAN GO TO GASTONS!!!!!

Skip Miller said:
Brent, when are you going to be in HPN and for how long? I am making a breakfast run from HPN leaving tomorrow morning.

-Skip

Sorry it was just a drop off and then on down south. I will keep you in midn though. I am in those neck of the woods quite often with nothing to do.

Brent Bradford said:
Sorry it was just a drop off and then on down south. I will keep you in midn though. I am in those neck of the woods quite often with nothing to do.
Well, I scrubbed the mission anyway due to the gusty winds. It wouldn't have been fun for the passengers.

Maybe next time. I am not at the airport often but if we can get together sometime, great!

-Skip

Back