Pix from my hiking trip in Austria (NA)

Keith Lane said:
Great pictures.

Which one of the rogues in that group shot would you be?
None of the above. I take 'em. I don't get took (mostly) :)

Since you asked, however, here I am demonstrating that it's not true that helicopters don't fly, they're so ugly the earth repels them. Actually, it's the pilot who the earth repels. Anyway, here's my ugly self...

Bob;

Great Pictures; How far from Insbruck were you. I spend some of my saved up pay for a ski tour in 1971 to ski at a place about 60 miles west of Insbruck.

John

Nice pictures. I sure like Austria a lot. Except for the hokey Sound of Music tour.

Bob:

Thanks for posting these. What part of the trip did you enjoy most? Where did you specifically like going the most.
Looks great.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Bob:

Thanks for posting these. What part of the trip did you enjoy most? Where did you specifically like going the most.
Looks great.

Dave
Tough call - the day we climbed the Gratlspitz was the best I think -- seven guys, a whole lot of vertical ascent and a great view.

woodstock said:
I love the Sound of Music Tour!!

I thought it was pretty hokey, though, especially when the bus riders would break into song. "Doe a deer, a female deer..." :hairraise:

Bob,

Great pics. I've skiied (sp?) in Lech and Zurs, how close are they? I forget, what's the elevation of those mountains?

Anthony said:
Bob,

Great pics. I've skiied (sp?) in Lech and Zurs, how close are they? I forget, what's the elevation of those mountains?
I hate to parade my ignorance, Anthony, but I don't know where either is ...

Where we were the peaks were in the 2000-2500 meter range (I leave the math as an exercise for the student, as my profs used to say).

Back