Pix from Florida trip

Carol

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Carol
I culled through the pictures I made on my recent trip to Key West and put a few on ofoto.com. I hope this link works.

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingRe...owSlide=true&Ux=0&UV=91257353661_256477183203

I spent some time at my dad's on the way back and was able to take him for a ride for the first time since I have been flying. He's 82. He said he really enjoyed it. He's a retired civil engineer and quite the navigator. He flew with Curtis Pitts during the war years when Pitts was building small airplanes in north Florida. Pitts worked with my grandfather and used some of the equipment at the railroad shops to work on his planes.

Carol said:
I culled through the pictures I made on my recent trip to Key West and put a few on ofoto.com.
Carol, your pictures are wonderfu! Thank you for sharing them with us. You know, now it looks like I'm going to have to make this flight, too. :)

With all those sandals, you still had to go barefoot? (Love that red toenail polish...just about matches your airplane) ;)

Carol said:
I spent some time at my dad's on the way back and was able to take him for a ride for the first time since I have been flying. He's 82. He said he really enjoyed it.

I bet that flight with your dad was a thrill for both of you. How neat!

Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Key West was a 'probably' on my radar before. It will absolutely be on my list now!!!

Thanks!

RobertGerace said:
Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Key West was a 'probably' on my radar before. It will absolutely be on my list now!!!

Thanks!

When you get ready to go I can give you the name of a great restaurant or two.

Diana, Kino sandals are made and sold only in Key West despite what you may read on the internet. I asked the young lady and she said someone else was using their name without permission. It is possible to mail order directly from them but they accept check or money order only. I have never worn out a pair of them they are made so well. I never miss going to Kino's when I am near Key West. It's a little hard to find but worth the visit. The barefoot photo was to match the one of my toes in the Arctic :)

And, yes, the toenail polish does match the airplane :)

Back