Pitts is just better

MachFly

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MachFly
I've been doing aerobatics in a Super Decathlon for about 2.5 years now, for the past couple of month I've been thinking about upgrading to something more capable. Also I think there is a good chance of me buying something aerobatic in the future and I better get some time in type. Since Pitts are generally the most affordable of it's category I figured I'd fly it for a few month and get some experience.

Recently I found a Pitts S2C that I'd be able to do some flying in and a few days ago went up for the first flight. Holly freaken awesome! It's like an engine that was designed to move the moon was attached to a house cat. Controls are very light and very well balanced, just a great pleasure to fly.
Granted visibility is not as good and it's a bit hard to land, but that's to be expected.

Looks like I found a new "fun" plane :)

Sounds like a fun time. I have only flown a Super D.

Sounds like a fun time. I have only flown a Super D.

A while back I watched a video of an interview with a Spitfire pilots (sadly I can not remember the name), he said "every pilot should fly a Spitfire at least once." Well....every pilot should fly a Pitts at least once. Trust me, it's worth it.

Buy the s2c I have for sale... It's cheap for a C.

Would love to, but it's slightly out of my price range. Will be looking for something in an S1 price range. And it will be at least a few month before I even start the process.

I got to say though, I've seen your thread on this topic and I am drooling.

I like them...

1148882_10153158685060265_295055330_n.jpg

I like them...

1148882_10153158685060265_295055330_n.jpg

Nice looking plane. Do any contest flying? Your plane has a "competition" paint scheme on the fuselage to supposedly take the focus off the jelly bean shape of the fuselage when vertical.

Nice looking plane. Do any contest flying? Your plane has a "competition" paint scheme on the fuselage to supposedly take the focus off the jelly bean shape of the fuselage when vertical.

It was flown in contests for many years by previous owners, but not by me yet. One day soon I hope...

IIRC it also pained you to fly it all the way from JAX and back ;-)
Yeah, 1500 miles in a Pitts over a 20 hour span is not really what I would call the lap of luxury.

The epilogue of that flight is that if I hadn't left early to come home, I would not have gotten home for a week, because a tropical storm developed off the coast of Jax and about an hour after I landed the weather went to hell.

Back