PIREPS on Hangar / Best Airport in Palm Springs Area?

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
Due to virus situation, I’m working out of my Palm Springs home and may just stay here (normally at KWHP near Burbank). Question...any guidance on best GA airport with good maintenance shop and hangar space (no way my Cirrus is going to sit out in 120 degree heat all summer).

KUDD seems to offer best deal...$499 / mo. for community hangar; they tow the plane out and fuel it. Thermal is too far (except for occasional maintenance). And KPSP is expensive (trying to work out a deal with Signature).

Anyone familiar with this area and have an opinion? I live near downtown Palm Springs. KPSP is by far closest.

Thanks, all!

Both PSP and UDD are easy peasy in and out for GA. I alternate between both depending on my destination there, but usually wind up at UDD and that have helped me out a few times with small macitence issues.

I would go where you get the best price, service for what you need, and fuel prices. Not sure if there is much small GA MX options at PSP though if that is a concern.

Due to virus situation, I’m working out of my Palm Springs home and may just stay here (normally at KWHP near Burbank). Question...any guidance on best GA airport with good maintenance shop and hangar space (no way my Cirrus is going to sit out in 120 degree heat all summer).

KUDD seems to offer best deal...$499 / mo. for community hangar; they tow the plane out and fuel it. Thermal is too far (except for occasional maintenance). And KPSP is expensive (trying to work out a deal with Signature).

Anyone familiar with this area and have an opinion? I live near downtown Palm Springs. KPSP is by far closest.

Thanks, all!

I’m familiar but it’s been a few years. I had my plane hangared at TRM for a few months and PSP for a couple, at Signature. The hassle with Signature was I couldn’t just walk out to my hangar. Had to wait for an employee to ride me out in a golf cart. When I got back I had to call on the phone and wait for them to come get me. Life with TSA on hangar space near the airline Terminal. They were pretty good, never had to wait very long. Always quicker than what the drive to Bermuda Dunes would have been. Hangar was about $700 a months. That was about 9 years ago.

UDD is very friendly. I like that you can get your clearance on the ground too.

Back