PIREPs on 9G0

Marauder

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Marauder
Hello WNY Fliers -- can anyone tell me the status of 9G0 (Buffalo Airfield)? I have a trip scheduled for later this month and I have called them 3 times over the past 2 weeks to see if they are open and accepting transients. No replies from them. Looks like from different sources they no longer have fuel either.

Are they open for business?

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I fly around WNY, but have never flown into 9G0. I've heard KIAG (Niagara Falls) has good service/fuel. While you're there, I'd also do the lap around the falls (Look up the procedure for that tho, beforehand)

I've landed there a few times for fuel ... It's been a couple years. Place was pretty much a ghost town.

Self-serve pump - I've heard at least once that they had fuel despite the NOTAM, but would certainly not count on it unless it could be confirmed in advance.

Terminal building was locked "after hours" (which, at the time, included Sunday) and without key code or other means of entry.

Don't recall anything that looked like a ramp/tie down area where one could park a plane for an extended period.
I just tucked mine out of the way the two times I walked to lunch.

I fly around WNY, but have never flown into 9G0. I've heard KIAG (Niagara Falls) has good service/fuel. While you're there, I'd also do the lap around the falls (Look up the procedure for that tho, beforehand)

When I lived there, the Falls loop was always the place to take the visiting relatives. Of course, the temptation to push the mother-in-law into the Falls was fairly high ;)

I've landed there a few times for fuel ... It's been a couple years. Place was pretty much a ghost town.

Self-serve pump - I've heard at least once that they had fuel despite the NOTAM, but would certainly not count on it unless it could be confirmed in advance.

Terminal building was locked "after hours" (which, at the time, included Sunday) and without key code or other means of entry.

Don't recall anything that looked like a ramp/tie down area where one could park a plane for an extended period.
I just tucked mine out of the way the two times I walked to lunch.

Thanks. I will have my brother do a drive-by and see if he can find out more. I used to rent out of there when Bob Jacobs owned it. It was a pretty active place with flight training. After he passed, I think it was sold to Lindsay and I lost track of what has happened there since I moved out of the area.

It would be a shame if it were no longer accessible. Other than a short and narrow runway at Hamburg that doesn't have an approach, there is nothing on the south side of Buffalo. Flying into KBUF may be an option but Prior probably charges a lot to park there. Lancaster is also a bit up the road from the south town area I am headed to. Thanks again.

Did you say you are heading to the Southtowns? Don't forget about Hamburg Airport (4G2).

Yep, headed for the Southtowns. I checked out 4G2 but it doesn't have an approach. Might work if the weather is good. Runway is a little on the narrow side too :)

Back