Pireps for Manhattan, KS?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I might be flying into Manhattan, KS tomorrow (Sat).

I've been looking at FBOs/facilities on-line, but I've never been there before.

I'd like a place with a car so I can get something to eat. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Matt

PS - I'm still planning to fly to S/Central MO tomorrow, but early forecasts are for MVFR down there the first half of the day. Since I have the plane reserved, I might as well fly someplace and I'm looking for alternatives.

D'oh, I just checked the schedule - there's a home football game tomorrow. Does anybody have any reports on how busy the airport is on a home game day?

i flew in for a home football game and it wasnt too bad. there was a fair ramp fee for game day. 20 bucks or something IIRC. Airport is nice and the FBO is good. they have courtesy cars for a bite to eat. I got a Hyundai (sp?) with about 10,000 craters in it from hail storms last summer. i just ended up hitting a subway for lunch.

Well I got there and back today - Saturday was too crappy, MVFR and snow flurries along the route.

Today - CAVU, perfect. Some turbulence at MHK.

Stopped at Kansas Air Center, no ramp fee, the crew car is a Daewoo, not a Hyundai, and it does look like it lost a fight. I don't think there was more than 1 or 2 sq inches that didn't look like it had been hit with a hammer.

oh yea, daewoo. line guys joked that they had counted the dents so they would know if i hit anything :)

i guess they had like a half hour of baseball size hail in june. ouch!

Back