Pireps for Chinle, AZ E91 near Canyon de Chelly?

focal_plane

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
focal_plane
Looking for pireps on the airport. We may meet up with a friend for an overnight or two at the lodge. They will have a car. Considering flying in to meet instead of driving. Would/could you leave your plane overnight?

I suppose nobody’s been here. Information is pretty sketchy. Will probably opt not to fly in if we go.

While I've never landed at Chinle, I have flown over it a hundred times. The airport is unattended, but there is an aeromedical service based there (Guardian Air I think), so you might be able to track down a phone number to ask. Medical transports are the primary use of the airport, and I know that local doctors fly in there regularly, but they don't stay overnight. My guess is you would probably be ok for a night or two there.
Jon

I suppose nobody’s been here. Information is pretty sketchy. Will probably opt not to fly in if we go.

Like 4corner, I’ve flown over it. Landed at Kayenta nearby but not Chinle.

Sounds similar to Kayenta…a runway with a ramp and not much else. ForeFlight remarks give the gate code and contact info for the manager as it is unattended. Believe it belongs to the Navajo tribe.

Worth calling the manager to ask if there are any issues leaving a plane overnight.

Thank you both for the replies. I’ll keep options open and try to contact airport folks as able.

Back