PIREP: VIRB Edit corrupted all my VIRB video files

N1783M

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
1783M
Strangest thing happened over past weekend. All of a sudden, I could not open any of my video projects. VIRB Edit claimed clips had no footage; yet finder on my MAC showed there was data. Garmin support had me try to re-import my video files then all of a sudden, all of my video files showed zero bytes. My data is now lost. Garmin could not help. Be careful if you are using VIRB edit on a MAC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I could go back I would have just bought a GoPro instead. The data overlay using Virb Edit has never worked correctly for me which was the main selling point for me.

Sad to hear you are having worse issues than me.

The speed in the data overlay was way off intermittently for me. Sort of gave up on it. This was a first generation Virb though...

I have no experience with data recovery on Macs; but my late friend, colleague, and data-recovery whiz Stefan used to do it on a fairly regular basis. He said Mac and Unix data recovery was a bit more challenging than Windows data recovery, but he was usually successful. So if the footage was valuable, I suggest that you seek out a Mac data recovery expert. It may be recoverable.

Rich

Back