PIREP Spirit Airlines

haha...nice post.

I flew from MSY to ATL on Spirit to pick up the car I just bought about 2 months ago.

It was a nice flight and everything went smoothly. Well worth the $75 I spent on the flight.

Like you said...I almost laughed out loud when I saw the seats. They looked almost pretend.

Like you said...I almost laughed out loud when I saw the seats. They looked almost pretend.

Spirit is the equivalent of Ryan Air in europe. Ryan Air was looking into using 'leaner' seats for some of their short-hop trips. You would basically travel like on the NYC subway.

It is currently tolerable. We just boarded, so it's too early to tell.
5f285b7cea9804184d77618e1625660b.jpg

Are the chairs comfy?

Is it like a horrible scary movie so far?

Has anyone bit anyone else in the arm yet?

thanks

Oh, and Carly charmed her way into the cockpit by telling the captain that she wanted to be a pilot like her....
9606d31339b87762cb3cc7d024f4f590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"DISCOUNT FARES NOT DISCOUNT PILOTS" lmao, why would someone ever wear that?

Spirit is the equivalent of Ryan Air in europe. Ryan Air was looking into using 'leaner' seats for some of their short-hop trips. You would basically travel like on the NYC subway.

for an hour flight..that wouldn't be a big issue for me.

Probably issued by the union. Delta has their Advance the Profession lanyard. Not sure if they're still wearing it to due the recent successful TA.

Delta wears the orange ones, right? Never read them.

Are you required to by the union? Just curious.
Correct. Absolutely not required but most of them did. Delta actually changed the lanyard policy after ALPA started giving the pilots the lanyards. DL said pilots could only wear a DL lanyard, aircraft manufacturer, or military lanyards which is insane.

Last edited:
Are the chairs comfy?

Is it like a horrible scary movie so far?

Has anyone bit anyone else in the arm yet?

thanks

This leg wasn't awful. Bottom line is you have to get the big front seat or don't do it at all.

This leg wasn't awful. Bottom line is you have to get the big front seat or don't do it at all.

. . .so they bit you in the leg...?

If you develop a taste for brains, I'm NEVER flying Spirit.

http://www.alpa.org/news-and-events...s-reject-ceo-placing-compensation-lowest-tier

Correct. Absolutely not required but most of them did. Delta actually changed the lanyard policy after ALPA started giving the pilots the lanyards. DL said pilots could only wear a DL lanyard, aircraft manufacturer, or military lanyards which is insane.

LOL.... Can they wear "Civilian" lanyards? ;)

I'd wager the airline would also try to force them to smile all the time too.

Frankly of passengers understood things better, pilots would be paid more.

I'd wager the airline would also try to force them to smile all the time too.

Frankly of passengers understood things better, pilots would be paid more.

What not to understand? Let the rampies push you back, flip on the A/P, get the stewardess to hand you coffee and a newspaper so you can put your feet up, or catch some shut-eye, while it follows the magenta line until it auto-lands and taxies you back to the next gate. Piece of cake. Worst part is fighting the stewardesses off at the hotel lounge.

What not to understand? Let the rampies push you back, flip on the A/P, get the stewardess to hand you coffee and a newspaper so you can put your feet up, or catch some shut-eye, while it follows the magenta line until it auto-lands and taxies you back to the next gate. Piece of cake. Worst part is fighting the stewardesses off at the hotel lounge.

Yeah, but we have to do it EVERY Tuesday.....

Really? That is rough. I thought it was every other Tuesday. I learned something today. Thanks.

Yeah, you've gotta get a little more seniority before it becomes an every other Tuesday thing.

Everyone has to pay their dues.

BINGO

It's that mindset right there that's the issue, yeah no professions do you start at the top, but not many have the bottom so far down as aviation.

And you got ALOT of suck till you get that plush sched and QOL.

BINGO

It's that mindset right there that's the issue, yeah no professions do you start at the top, but not many have the bottom so far down as aviation.

And you got ALOT of suck till you get that plush sched and QOL.
Even when you get to the big leagues, there is a lot is suck before you get to plush and QOL.

Lolz, if we still were in these days

panam.jpg

I'd be in the airlines.

But that ship sailed and she isnt quite back yet, and with hiring laws, your stew crew is more likely to look like this
rocky_horror_picture_show_.jpg

Those low priced airfares, so ANYONE, even the unwashed masses, can easily afford a flight bring you..

Pax like this
3211EB8E00000578-0-image-a-28_1457630416663.jpg

And QOL for a good stretch like this
38828-full.jpg

Go on...

Back