Pirep Please: Double Eagle Aviation CFI program, Tucson, AZ

Walboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Walboy

Last edited:
That's not double eagles ramp and certainly not any of their aircraft.
Last time I was there earlier this year they were still running the same n numbers they had when I was training in 1999. It is a shadow of what it used to be.
Northair in Kprc has a cfi program,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im checking with Kelly to see if she has an A/C to do a CFI in.

Sorry, but she sold a Comanche she had and currently does not have an A/C for CFI training.

send me your contact info and I will explain.

A CFI or Commercial program with only one complex airplane will take a LOT longer to complete than one with two or more complex airplanes. These ancient Arrows and C172RG's break down a lot, and have to do 100 hour inspections. With no backup plane expect delays.

That's kind of why I'm looking for a PIREP. Outdated website with a couple of Cirrus I'm pretty sure they don't use.

Other that the 310 facing the camera in the picture which you can't see the N number, NONE of those are on the ramp at double eagle. They've never had a Cirrus. They have an Arrow for complex and two of three 172's for CFI training plus the 310. My CFI worked there but he trained me from my hangar in my airplane and I paid him more than he would have been paid working for double eagle.

Do not go west to Yuma/54AZ. He does have a 1960 210....but I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to fly in one of those birds...let alone with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

send me your contact info and I will explain.
I know this is an old post, but I’ve been considering taking a course with Double Eagle Aviation. It’s been difficult to find any solid info on the company. I’ve spoken with a person at the company and he seems very helpful. I’m curious to know any backstory or more details, please. Thank you!

Stay away. Try Kelly's Aviation at KRYN. Small but she is a professional flight instructor, not some wanna be airline pilot building time. http://kellysaviation.com

edit: old post but an update.

Kelly is done Glenn. In fact, we just rented her offices and hangar. She seemed happy to leave and move on to other things.

Kyle - pm sent.

Yea, I heard, I really liked her. What are you doing with her old space?

We're hearing abut what *not* to do, but are there any positive suggestions for training and rental? I've been through the closure of Sonoran WIngs and Kelly's, and am not sure what options remain.

I might be wrong and I haven't looked at their current web site but I believe that the last time I looked, the aircraft in their main photo were the same aircraft I was flying up here in Washington at Dick Scobee field in Auburn.

Back