Pirep on any "in-ear" headsets (Halo QT, Clarity aloft, etc)

Are those cannula's or thong pantie liners?

I use this style and they are comfortable with CA's, sunglasses, hats, etc.

Last edited:
I loved the comfort of the Halos but my ears just won't tolerate anything in them for more than 10 min or so, hence it got sent back. Sound was good (tower had no problems hearing me, I had no problems hearing anyone else). Just my don't like them.

bummer.

Figured I'd dig up a relevant thread vs. starting anew.

Anyone use the aux input on the Halo for music? Does it 'duck' the music(lower the volume) when you talk or ATC transmits? Or is it just a simple mix in audio?

My wife has a ClarityAloft and likes it a lot. I've used it from time to time. ATC complimented me on the mic at IAD one day. CA's customer service ain't up to the standards of the rest of the industry. For as fragile as these things are, they could be cheaper and have better turn around time when they break.

I've had my Halos since Fall 2010, they've yet to go in for service. And yes, I've snatched them off of my head getting out if the plane several times, and worn them with my handheld mowing alongside the runway. Lightweight but quite sturdy, and the sound is pretty good. My set is old enough there is no Aux input, npbut I have that in the panel anyway.

Back