Pirep: OBX Flight IFR Finish up course

linuxjim

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JJ
I know I posted in a separate thread that I passed my IFR checkride, but I thought I'd share my experience with OBX Flight. It is a 7 day finish up course. I had my written, over 10 hrs of training and well over 50 hrs of XC. So I set off to Garner, NC in my Super Viking to finish up. Scott was fantastic and very accommodating. My plane ended up being down for 2 days and I used his at a very reasonable rate. He made sure I had the hours needed, offered to extend if that was what I needed (in the end I didn't), invited me into his home, where I met his wonderful wife, Lisa, and their two friendly and rambunctious puppies. It was a great experience, very personal and I'm looking forward to going back with the family to do my IPC with Scott in the future. http://obxflight.com/

I also did my IR with Scott, we flew 11 hours(!!) in actual IMC. I was just as pleased as you.
My wife, who already had her ticket, also flew 1.5 hours with him and was truly impressed by what she learned in this short time.

Highly recommended!

Last edited:
I'm heading to OBX flight in less than a month for the 7-day accelerated IFR course. I'll be using my '79 Archer II and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll report back and let everyone know how it goes. I've heard nothing but good things so far.

Russell

Back