Pirep LA Airport(s)

RLVoumard

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RLV
Headed to SoCal in my Piper 235 from Modesto next week... Overnight, Van Nuys, Burbank or Whiteman look to be the best 3 choices. I will either Uber or car rental.... Will also top off the tanks w/100LL. Looking for a Pirep ... plan on VFR , but have IFR if needed. Thanks in advance

Headed to SoCal in my Piper 235 from Modesto next week... Overnight, Van Nuys, Burbank or Whiteman look to be the best 3 choices. I will either Uber or car rental.... Will also top off the tanks w/100LL. Looking for a Pirep ... plan on VFR , but have IFR if needed. Thanks in advance
Probably Burbank for ease of entrance and egress and less busy than Van Nuys which can get very busy and in my experience a little less piston friendly. No experience with Whiteman up the road from Burbank. Whiteman will have the cheapest gas typically. Presuming your visit is in the Valley, so no basin airports...

Whiteman will be the cheapest option for gas and overnight but not ideal if you need a car rental. (I’m based there). Between VNY and BUR, both have good FBO options and plentiful car rental/Uber availability. Kinda depends where in LA you need to go. All things equal, I would lean towards Burbank.

Back