PIREP Frankenmuth, MI

MarkZ

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Hey guys, my wife and I have a wedding to attend in Frankenmuth this June. It would appear the town is between MBS and FNT. Any of you guys have recommendations on what airport to fly to? HYX looks pretty close, 66G is almost in town, FNT and MBS are a respectable distance away. Anyone on here familiar with the area? Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frankenmouth: 66G. It is a grass strip, typically in very good shape (barring recent rain). You can walk to town if you want.
HYX isn't too far, nice airport but not much there. Don't know how easy it is to rent a car there.
The bigger airports have better facilities, just farther away. Flint is better than MBS because it is right on I-75.

Frankenmouth: 66G. It is a grass strip, typically in very good shape (barring recent rain). You can walk to town if you want.
HYX isn't too far, nice airport but not much there. Don't know how easy it is to rent a car there.
The bigger airports have better facilities, just farther away. Flint is better than MBS because it is right on I-75.

I agree. If you like grass, Frankenmuth is a nice airport. I thought it was about a 1-2 mile walk to town, though. The pilots lounge was not attended when I was there, but it was accessible. I don't know if there is a taxi in town but sometimes the local car dealers will rent cars if you pre-arrange it.

Barb

Back