Pirep Fishing resorts/spots in KY, TN, MO

201Driver

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
201Driver
Hello All,
My son is returning home from his 5 year tour from the air force in early October. I'm would like to treat him to a little fishing vacation close to a paved airport in the lower midwest/midsouth. Any recommendations?

Not paved, but Gaston's Resort is on the White River - known as some of the better trout fishing in the country.

Check out Land Between the Lakes on the KY/TN border. I've been to the 'off the beaten path' part of the LbtL, but never done the 'tourist' part of it. Should be some decent fishing somewhere in that area.

You might check out Rough River State Park in KY (2I3). I haven't been there but have wanted to go. Hope to make it this fall. Fishing (lake) and Golf. Airport in the park.

And, I'll second Gaston's. A finer aviation desination is hard to come by.

Last edited:
Gaston's is great. You can also stay at Stetson's Resort just down river. Stetson's will pick you up at Flippin, a paved airport about 4 miles away. Both places have boats and guides, but Stetson's has better wade fishing right in front of the resort. I admit to being prejudiced though, since we have been staying at Stetson's for years. By the way, these are almost in Missouri, but are actually in north Arkansas.

You might check out Rough River State Park in KY (2I3). I haven't been there but have wanted to go. Hope to make it this fall. Fishing (lake) and Golf. Airport in the park.
:yeahthat:

You can also do some great smallmouth fishing at Dale Hollow. Fly into 8A3.

Back