Pirep Carlisle PA (N94)

hankrausch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GoodbyePOA
Flew there yesterday & wanted to share--the field is about 3 miles easy walk from the Army War College Museum, it is really worth a stop either by car or ideally plane. At the museum they give you a dog tag which identifies you as a soldier from one of the nation's wars and as you go through, you plug it in and you get extra details and you also use it to try your hand at target practice & parachuting. The inside part is ok but the real treat was outside where they have equipment and whole camps set up from all the wars--a VietNam era fire base, tanks and barracks from WW2, trenches from WW1. Kids I think would love it. The fellow that runs the airport, Jeff, is very nice,he gave me a ride to the museum when I landed. All in all a great day trip.

I was just looking at this airport this morning....We have an office in Shippensburg, PA and I was looking at airports in the area that I could fly into. Shippensburg (N42) is a 3300x170 grass strip while Carlisle is a 4000x60 asphalt strip.

Good to hear that this will be a good alternate if the grass strip isn't in the best shape

Back