Display Name

Display name:
Fly Right
Solicitation Number: S-0035
Subject: Sale of Airplanes
Campus: Norman
Issued: May 1, 2006
Closes: Upon sale of aircraft

The University of Oklahoma is replacing its fleet of Piper Warriors and has six aircraft for sale. They are all late 70s, and early 80s, PA28-161 Warrior IIs that are IFR equipped. These aircraft, previously used for flight instruction, are available for inspection at Max Westheimer Airport (OUN) by appointment. All aircraft are sold on an "as-is where-is" basis and the cost for any inspection is that of the buyer. The University retains the right to refuse or accept any offer.

tail year cost TotalTime
N8231V 1980 $28,000 15,547
N2166F 1978 $44,000 10,041
N8365H 1981 $36,000 13,771
N8330H Sold Sold
N8217V 1980 $47,000 7,570
N81022 1980 $45,000 15,340

Point of contact – Glenn Schaumburg, 405-325-7231, fax (405) 325-0136, email gschaumburg@ou.edu

http://www.ou.edu/purchasing/home/solicitations/bid_rfp_index.htm

[URL="http://www.ou.edu/purchasing/home/solicitations/norman_docs/S_0035/sale_airplane_stats.doc"]http://www.ou.edu/purchasing/home/solicitations/norman_docs/S_0035/sale_airplane_stats.doc[/URL]

I would would love to have one ...but then I would have to change my
user ID, email address, etc, etc.

I would love to...but then I would have to know that everyboy that was in that plane before me was a sooner...:no:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow!!!

I will have to let some people know about this.

FlyNE said:
I would love to...but then I would have to know that everyboy that was in that plane before me was a sooner...:no:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is Better to be a sooner than later.... or a dukie! or a tarheel.....Best to be a wolfpack!!!!!

cherokeeflyboy said:
I would would love to have one ...but then I would have to change my
user ID, email address, etc, etc.

I own a Warrior but I always just say Cherokee on the radio. The ATC code for us is P28_ and they alway just see that as a Cherokee so why buck the system. Once though I had ATC constant calling me Archer 8116B.

When I fly Cessnas I always use the callsign 'Cessna 1234', I wonder why when I fly the Piper I don't just say Piper? I noticed I am not the only one who does that and I am just copying them.

smigaldi said:
I own a Warrior but I always just say Cherokee on the radio. The ATC code for us is P28_ and they alway just see that as a Cherokee so why buck the system. Once though I had ATC constant calling me Archer 8116B.

When I fly Cessnas I always use the callsign 'Cessna 1234', I wonder why when I fly the Piper I don't just say Piper? I noticed I am not the only one who does that and I am just copying them.
Yeah, and when you say you're a Cherokee and they see you do 165 knots in a yellow arc descent with power, after ATC says, "Say type," they start calling you "Dakota." :D

Mine is BTW, a Papa 2 8 Bravo, which your Warrior ain't.

smigaldi said:

When I fly a Skyhawk, I call it a Skyhawk to ATC. That is how I got my name "Skyhog"

mikea said:
Yeah, and when you say you're a Cherokee and they see you do 165 knots in a yellow arc descent with power, after ATC says, "Say type," they start calling you "Dakota." :D

Mine is BTW, a Papa 2 8 Bravo, which your Warrior ain't.

I love PA28B's... roomy, and you can fill all four seats with full fuel. 1400+ lbs useful load... nice. I have some hours in one my friend owns.

Troy Whistman said:
I love PA28B's... roomy,

Not really any more so than any other PA28, unfortunately. Unless the Cherokee 235 and the Dakota were different in that regard.

and you can fill all four seats with full fuel.

Yeah, but then your interior smells like avgas. :rofl:

1400+ lbs useful load... nice.

Definitely. "If it fits, it flies," right Mike? :D

Back