Piper Warrior PA-28-161 Rental Rate SoCal

vdehart

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
vdehart
I'm currently paying $108/hr wet on the hobbs for a Piper Warrior in Southern California. From what I gather this is a pretty competitive rate, but I'm wondering if anybody is familiar with a better deal in the area?

Thanks!

I would love that deal. In NY area that plane is arount $130 wet.

Cheapest that was in KLNK was a 1982 Cessna 172 for $85 per tach hour, till they made it so pretty they didn't want to rent it out anymore. Now the cheapest I think is Cherokee 180's, which I have no desire to rent.

I pay $123/hr in rural SC. Does have a low time engine and 430, 396, and engine monitor though. Nice airplane

I'm currently paying $108/hr wet on the hobbs for a Piper Warrior in Southern California. From what I gather this is a pretty competitive rate, but I'm wondering if anybody is familiar with a better deal in the area?

Thanks!

Where in SoCal?

A PA28-161 goes for $99/hr at Plus One MYF in San Diego.

Otherwise, $108 isn't bad.

I would love that deal. In NY area that plane is arount $130 wet.

Believe it or not, as expensive as everything else in the state of California is, aviation is relatively cheap compared to many other parts of the country.

I pay $104 an hour wet for our warriors, but I'm in Ohio. Which isn't bad compared to the majority of the country.

$125 here in central Florida. Funny thing is that Pipers are few and far between here.

$125 here in central Florida. Funny thing is that Pipers are few and far between here.

Not hard to see why. Only one little tiny window makes those things hot as hell. You can open the door while taxiing, but that's still not close to the ventilation you get in a 172 with both windows open (and it risks coming open in flight if you close it in a hurry).

I find that all the basic four seat trainers cost about the same at a given airport, with variation according to equipment. I.e., a glass panel costs a lot more than basic steam gauges, there is a premium for GPS, etc.

And the rental costs between airports is directly correlated with the cost of fuel at those airports.

Back