piper paint - where?

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
I need to touch up the N numbers and really don't want to go to the hassle of the 2-part paint (hardener and such). Does anyone know where I can find the equivalent of Piper's Nassau Turquoise and Bimini Turquoise? Neither Lowe's nor Home Depot have anything close.

tanks

ive been told that some hardware stores have begun to match paint in spray cans now. so if you can get a sample chip into the store they can give you a spray can in the same color.

As Tony mentioned, a lot of hardware and auto-parts stores are able to match-mix paint and put in an aerosol/compressed air rattle can.

You could also check with Arnold Motor Supply (if there is one nearby), they seem to carry a lot of PPG type paints and can usually mix it to your color if you can find the code for it.

NAPA matched my paint then custom mixed in a spray can. Have to find a NAPA that does paint, not all locations do. For your job your problem will be finding a sample to bring in for matching. Don't suppose your numbers, stripe etc cover an inspection or access plate?

I've had good luck going to a local auto parts store.

NAPA matched my paint then custom mixed in a spray can. Have to find a NAPA that does paint, not all locations do. For your job your problem will be finding a sample to bring in for matching. Don't suppose your numbers, stripe etc cover an inspection or access plate?

tailcone. used that many years ago but have used up all the paint, no longer have the can, and the shop (auto paint) went out of business.

NAPA, good idea. Perhaps I can find another auto paint shop nearby. I was just hoping for a simpler solution.

Back