Piper PA28 180 E - Fuel Pump

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
So after researching on my own for awhile. I am trying to figure out what fuel pump I need before call up my AP (Ya I know sort of backwards but I like to learn and the labels have fell off of the Fuel Pump)

I know it is a Facet fuel pump and cannot find anything in my log book to determine the model.

What PSI is usually used (I am guessing 4-5.5) and is a Check valve model usually used in the Cherokee? I know the positive shut-off valve is not used as it is in-line with the mechanical fuel pump. Does anyone have a model number by chance for the 180?

It looks exactly like this one from Spruce http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/facetgoldflo.php?clickkey=9133

The part number will be in the parts manual. Googling the part number for something common like that will lead you to what you're looking for.

The part number will be in the parts manual. Googling the part number for something common like that will lead you to what you're looking for.

Ya I thought so too but it's not pointing to the Facet pump I currently have installed.. I guess I am wondering if this is the original style pump or not.. I have a date with my mechanic in a few weeks.. just want to be prepared..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The facet is not a Faa/Pma approved part. The only legal part is the stc'ed part from McFarland. Now how many facet and napa pumps are out there? Who knows, but they are not legal on the pa28.

Back