Piper PA-18 160 POH or Owner's Manual/Handbook

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Piper PA-28 160 POH or Owner's Manual/Handbook

ERROR ERROR ERROR. THe title should be PA-28 (Warrior) not what was there originally pa18.

There is a new owner on the field and I'm trying to help him with "proper" documentation. I need the Piper manual or handbook that lists fuel burn/power settings, TO/L distances, weight/balance graphs, and all that good stuff. I could care less about the parts of the manual relating on how to run all the goodies in the cabin (ventilation, seat controls, etc.).

If anybody happens to have a digital version and willing to share, I'd appreciate it. I've found the maintenance manual online and of course the type certificate data sheet is in the fed's pages. I'm only missing the operational data out of the POH or the Ops Manual.

:) Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
That would be nice to have for the conversions, but you won't get one from Piper. They never made a 160HP Super Cub.

Re: Piper PA-28 160 POH or Owner's Manual/Handbook

I SCREWED UP.

I was in too much of a hurry to proof the title. That would be a PA-28.

Thanks,

Jim

I SCREWED UP.

I was in too much of a hurry to proof the title. That would be a PA-28.

Thanks,

Jim

You can get a digital copy from essco for a reasonable price.

A PA28-160 isn't a Warrior... you'll need to provide model year and S/N to get the right book, it varies a bit.

Also, as you probably know, some of the data is legally required to be S/N specific from the OEM. I know for my model year all the W/B stuff is S/N specific including loading charts but the performance data is not. I'm not sure about other model years.

I don't have the time. I'm trying to wrap this up this weekend.

Thanks,

Jim

It takes about $12.00 and 3 minutes to have the PDF on your computer. They will provide the manual in PDF format.

Well, it looks like on the weekend they take a bit longer.

For Downloads, orders will be ready within 30 minutes Monday thru Friday between 8:00am and 4:00pm EST otherwise, please allow 12 to 24 hours to process and prepare download file Sunday thru Thursday and 24 to 48 hours for Friday thru Saturday. You will receive an email with the file destination. Files will be good to download for 1 week and three downloads, then the link will expire.

For any questions, please email esscosupport@aol.com

I have a digital copy for a PA28-160B if that helps, a warrior is a 161

Last edited:

I have a digital copy for a PA28-160B if that helps, a warrior is a 161

The 160B will be perfect. I don't need the whole manual from Essco, just the operational data part. Honestly, I'm just trying to make sure that the weight/balance graph I'm giving the guy that I translated from the TCDS is correct (belt and suspenders syndrome).

If you wouldn't mind emailing it, the address is jim@rstengineering.com

Thanks,

Jim

The 160B will be perfect. I don't need the whole manual from Essco, just the operational data part. Honestly, I'm just trying to make sure that the weight/balance graph I'm giving the guy that I translated from the TCDS is correct (belt and suspenders syndrome).

If you wouldn't mind emailing it, the address is jim@rstengineering.com

Thanks,

Jim

Emailed.

Wait IIRC the weight and balance data is in the AFMS... Let me see if I can dig up a copy of that.

I don't recall if I scanned my AFM, I can't seem to find a copy in my drop box.the TCDS for later pipers has the same W&B numbers but also includes a graph if memory seres me correctly.

AFM is S/N specific... if he doesn't have that, well... why bother with the other paperwork? He's already not legal... If your comfortable flying without that then I don't see why you'd be worried about just using the TCDS...

AFM is S/N specific... if he doesn't have that, well... why bother with the other paperwork? He's already not legal... If your comfortable flying without that then I don't see why you'd be worried about just using the TCDS...

Hey the customer could have it and just be out of town or something.

I haven't looked at piper paperwork in a couple of years but I don't believe a graph exists, for the B series at least. If it does, it's in the AFM. I seem to recall looking at the TCDS for a C/D that had identical numbers and also a graph to make myself a graph.

The AFM from piper was $350 5 or so years ago.

Thanks for that. It didn't have w/b info, but I appreciate the effort. THe reason I ask is that somewhere in the back of my head some one or two of this PA-28 series had a goofy w/b graph that had a double break in the forward cg range, although the TCDS has no such thing.

I'll just make him a w/b graph using the data I have and if push comes to shove just reference the data in the data sheet.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Unlike Cessna, Piper owners' manuals in those days didn't even have sample W&B graphs. On the subject of W&B there was only the brief mention below:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 7.57.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 7.57.21 AM.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 12
Back