Piper Oil

I’m probably predisposed to see oil and I am not arguing either.

It’s probably the lighting.

answer this: There’s oil on my prop blades. yes/no. Now I am inclined to think you don’t and I was seeing it incorrectly.

What I AM seeing correctly is the tell-tale runny nose from a crank seal.

My O-320 likes 6 quarts. Over that, and it spews it out the breather. I’ll add a quart a when the dipstick says 5. Burns about a quart every 10-15 hours when between 5-6 quarts on the dipstick.
Mine too…
When I do oil change I put in 7 qts. After I start it it reads 6.2 qts the new filter and oil cooler take about.8 qts. When it gets to 5 on the stick I add a quart. It uses 4 qts during 55 hours In between oil changes.

I’m probably predisposed to see oil and I am not arguing either.

It’s probably the lighting.

answer this: There’s oil on my prop blades. yes/no. Now I am inclined to think you don’t and I was seeing it incorrectly.

What I AM seeing correctly is the tell-tale runny nose from a crank seal.

My A&P went to look at the plane just called me, he said the prop is fine, needs new crank seal, prop O-ring, new alternator belt (said it’s cracking and the oil dripping on the belt doesn’t help), need to clean the entire engine due to the oil leaking, oil change, get the starter overhauled (last time was 1995), and a new alternator (current one works fine but the older ones provide less amps and explains why fuses pop when I have all of the lights on for extended periods of time). Also going to install a port for a trickle charger and I mentioned a couple other things too.

Back