Piper Lance for sale

pigpenracing

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
pigpen
Anyone need a Piper Lance? My buddy just had me put his plane out for sale. Its a nice 6 seat airplane. This is the barnstormers add. Check it out there for pics.

1978 PIPER LANCE T-TAIL PA-32 • $126,999 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • 1978 Piper PA-32 T-tail Lance. 4450 Total time and 830 Since major overhaul in 2001 by G&N. Paint and leather interior was new in 2005 and LOOKS GREAT! Garmin 430, Garmin GTX 340A transponder, SL 30 nav/com, Narco AFD and DME, Stormscope, Piper autocontrol IIIC autopilot coupled with approach, graphic engine monitor and Knots2U speed mods. If you are looking for a very nice and well maintained 6 seat aircraft THIS IS IT! Airplane is in Brenham Texas at 11R and can be shown most anytime. No damage history and complete logs. You will not waste your time on this one, its a great bird! • Contact Shawn R. Hendrickson located Brenham, TX USA • Telephone: 979-451-3251

What are people getting real world for TAS on these birds at 65% power, leaned to best economy? how much gas do these suckers carry? All I can find online is fixed gear sixes and saratoga POHs.

What are people getting real world for TAS on these birds at 65% power, leaned to best economy? how much gas do these suckers carry? All I can find online is fixed gear sixes and saratoga POHs.

I was flying a straight tail in Aus like that and got around 152kts. They hold 94 gallons IIRC.

Holds 98 gallons and 94 are usable.
Cruise is 150 to 160 Knots depending on altitude and power settings.
Fuel burn is 15.5 to 17.5 also depending on altitude and power setting.

Holds 98 gallons and 94 are usable.
Cruise is 150 to 160 Knots depending on altitude and power settings.
Fuel burn is 15.5 to 17.5 also depending on altitude and power setting.

I have a 79 Lance and I conquer ...(maybe a bit less fuel burn)

I have a 79 Lance and I conquer ...(maybe a bit less fuel burn)
I had two straight tails, a 76 and a 77. One would go 145 on about 15.2 gph at 8000 feet-ish, the other would do 152 on 14.8 at the same power setting/altitude. The faster one had better engine monitoring and a bunch of speed mods.

Henning routinely gets 15-20 knots more speed operating LOP. Just ask him. :rolleyes2:

No, I routinely get the appropriate speed for the % power running LOP. Just leave the throttle WOT, RPM at the top of the green and lean for airspeed. Not particularly tough. Same method Lindbergh taught the Flying Tigers way back when. If you need to save more fuel, reduce RPM and slow down some more.

145-150kts.

13gph.

Great room.

Weak climb.

This thread is from 2013.

Thread necromancy at its finest! And for the record, I usually stick to around 8000-11000 for cruise, and at 65% power I get 145(ish) at 13.5-14.0 gph. :D

I don't know about the weak climb part. I guess if you were at max gross, but loaded with 3-4 people and full fuel I get pretty good all the way up. What do you want for a NA plane that's not super expensive?!

Back