Piper firewall steering boot

They're in the cart. Not going to hit "complete order" for a while. Historically, someone speaks up after that fact with a better deal.

You could check the salvage yard price. They may be a little played out if used.

That second link is promising but I'll need to get the dimensions of the original part before I can decide. Even THAT is difficult.

That second link is promising but I'll need to get the dimensions of the original part before I can decide. Even THAT is difficult.

If you walked into a tractor repair shop with an original boot, they may know an exact replacement. Find the old timer.

I have someone else on another forum steering me towards a VW gear shift boot. It wouldn't surprise me if the Piper originals were from VW because the door handles were.

This is an early Bug boot.

vw-shifters.jpg

I have someone else on another forum steering me towards a VW gear shift boot. It wouldn't surprise me if the Piper originals were from VW because the door handles were.

And all this time I thought the door handles on my Pipers were from a '61 Buick...:)

Back