Piper Charger or Pathfinder fans?

Lawson_Stone

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Lawson_Stone
I have always liked the "middle" Cherokee 235s, between the original and the Dakota, the Cherokee Charger and Pathfinder. Basically a Cherokee 235 with 5" more legroom in the back seat, still with the Hershey bar wing.

I'm not a pilot, but have always been kind of taken with that generation of Cherokee. Does anyone on here fly one of those? How do you like it? I'd love just to hear talk about this airplane. Were I to have a PPL and buy a plane, I think this is the one I"d like to own.

We have a 235E and could do with the extra legroom that later models got.

Great plane to fly.

It's a true 4-seat aircraft that can carry 4 adults.

I have a small amount of time in one (15-20hr). It was nice. Flew it to Canada and back from SoCal.

I’m also a fan. Personally I’d go with the Dakota, because it has the taper wing and it’s basically an Archer on steroids.

I have always liked the "middle" Cherokee 235s, between the original and the Dakota, the Cherokee Charger and Pathfinder. Basically a Cherokee 235 with 5" more legroom in the back seat, still with the Hershey bar wing.

I'm not a pilot, but have always been kind of taken with that generation of Cherokee. Does anyone on here fly one of those? How do you like it? I'd love just to hear talk about this airplane. Were I to have a PPL and buy a plane, I think this is the one I"d like to own.
Good choice. They're a bargain compared to a C-182 of similar vintage and condition, and have a better engine. The 1973-77 models you describe also carry 84 gallons of fuel, compared to 72 in the newer Dakota. And unlike the Dakota, they qualify for mogas.

Good choice. They're a bargain compared to a C-182 of similar vintage and condition, and have a better engine. The 1973-77 models you describe also carry 84 gallons of fuel, compared to 72 in the newer Dakota. And unlike the Dakota, they qualify for mogas.
Yeah, but they're even harder to find than the Dakota's!

Do they have the dual mag? And do all Dakota's have said bastard mag?

Yeah, but they're even harder to find than the Dakota's!

Do they have the dual mag? And do all Dakota's have said bastard mag?

I've heard there pre-Dakota 235's don't have it.

Back